​Copies of Certificates of Mortgage or Charge

Where the mortgagee or the mortgagor of an existing mortgage has lost the certificate of registration of the mortgage, he/she may request to be issued a copy thereof. He/she may file an application at any District Lands Office.


Upon filing the application, the relevant fees are paid to the Department of Lands and Surveys.

Certificates of encumbrances (e.g. MEMO) are issued in the same manner as in the case of replacement of a lost original of a certificate.

Time required for completion of procedure

Copies are normally issued on the same day or on the day following the filing of the application, provided that the application has been filed with the District Lands Office of the District in which the property is situated.