Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Tenure Branch are the following:
- Restriction of the multifragmentation of land
- Abolition of dual and multiple ownership
- Restriction of property held in undivided shares
- Modernisation of immovable property tenure with amendments to existing legislation, regulations and the introduction of new concepts for tenure.
- Replacement of existing plans which form the basis of registration on scales 1:1250, 1:2500 and 1:5000 with new higher fidelity and greater precision plans on scales 1:2000 and / or 1:1000.
- Registration, updating and computerization of all data and encumbrances of immovable property so as to facilitate the provision of services to the public and other Public service and Semi-privatised public service providers.
- Assistance in land consolidation projects, as they actively promote the above-mentioned targets.