Strategic Targets and Activities
Objective 1: Strengthening growth through effective and reliable management of all processes related to real property
Activities and actions include:
- Running a modern and reliable system relating to immovable property
- Having an efficient and reliable management process in place in relation to real property
- Conducting cadastral, registration, valuation, tenure, survey, appraising, cartographic, geodetic and hydrographic work
- Effective management of real property belonging to the State.
- Compensation for expropriation of property
- Supporting cooperation initiatives with the private sector
Objective 2: Ensuring the reliability and availability of spatial, legal and fiscal data arising from functions and operations of the Service
- Development and future upgrading of the Land Information System (LIS)
- Development and implementation of the Department's IT strategy
- Maintenance and support of the existing LIS
- Development and implementation of its digital data initiative
- Development of a strategy for open access to relevant data and developing inter-departmental agreements in relation to such access.
- Completion of existing projects relating to the recording and valuation of state property; the preparation of relevant legislation arising from the Memorandum of Understanding with the Troika; and effectively addressing the title deeds issue.
Objective 3: Providing an effective and quality service to the public and to other bodies
- Redesign work processes such that they are certified as compliant with ISO 9001
- Developing and implementing action plans for the gradual improvement of processes and the institutional framework
- Using the quality assurance system as a means of continuous improvement
- Modernising existing legislation
- Reducing the backlog of existing cases registered at DLS
- e-Government projects and initiatives – DLS Portal, Government Gateway